Harvest is committed to maintaining your personal data in accordance with the requirement of Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorized access, loss, disclosure and destruction.
The purposes and retention of the information:
1. From time to time, it is necessary for clients and various other individuals ("data subject") to supply Harvest with data in connection with various matters such as account opening or continuations, or provision of services to clients and other individuals.
2. Failure to supply such data may result in Harvest being unable to open an account or continue services to clients.
3. It is also the case that data are collected from data subjects in the ordinary course of the continuation of Harvest's relationship with them.
4. The purposes for which data relating to a data subject may be used will vary depending on the nature of the data subject's relationship with Harvest. They may comprise any of the following purposes:
i. the processing of application for an account with Harvest;
ii. the daily operation of the services;
iii. marketing related products or services; and/or
iv. meeting the disclosure requirement under any laws binding on Harvest or any of its affiliates.
5. The data collected may be maintained for such period of time required under applicable law and as otherwise needed to fulfil the purposes set out above.
6. Data held by Harvest relating to a data subject will be kept confidential but Harvest may provide such information to the following parties whether inside or outside Hong Kong for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above:
i. the affiliates of Harvest;
ii. the service providers of Harvest; and
iii. the intermediaries of Harvest
7.Protecting your privacy is a priority to us. Your information will be held in confidence and not passed to any company, other than as already indicated, without your permission or unless required by law.
8.Within Harvest, access to non-public information about a client is restricted to employees who need to know the information to provide products or services to the client. Harvest maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that protect client information.
9. Under the Ordinance, any individual has the right:
i. to check whether Harvest holds data about him or her, and of access to such data;
ii. to require Harvest to correct any data relating to him or her which is inaccurate;
iii. to ascertain Harvest's policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Harvest; and
iv. to object to the use of his/her personal data for marketing purposes and Harvest shall not use his/her personal data for marketing purposes after he/she communicates his/her objection to Harvest.
10. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Harvest has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Harvest Global Investments Limited
31/F, One Exchange Square,
8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Nothing in this statement shall limit the rights of data subject under the Ordinance.